Energy & Sustainability Statements
Planning Authorities require Energy and Sustainability Statements for almost all developments.
London leads the way with the adoption of the London Plan, creating an overarching policy for the 23 Boroughs to use as the backbone for their policies. The current requirement is a 35% reduction in CO₂ Emissions using energy hierarchy: Be Lean, Be Clean, Be Green.
Other local authorities have also implemented their own polices with varying requirements but mostly in the reduction of CO₂ Emissions through on site renewable or low to zero carbon technologies.
We will review your Local Authorities’ Planning Policy and consult with you to produce a comprehensive statement appropriate for the size of the development. Our in-house Energy Assessors can provide you with advice on how your development needs to comply with both the local planning policy and the building regulations.
Our service includes:
- A fully supportive consultancy service.
- Detailed assessment of the developments CO₂ Emissions.
- Proposal of measures to meet the local planning requirement.
- Production of the Energy and Sustainability Statement with regular contact to keep you informed and to ensure the obligations can be met.
How we can assist you:
- Early involvement will help establish the requirements for planning and how to incorporate these into your design.
- We can produce accurate calculations from your drawings to demonstrate compliance with local authority policies.
- We will consult and offer best advice on how to meet the requirements.
- We will work to your budget and constraints to ensure both the local authority and you are satisfied.
To champion sustainability, please refer to our Projects page or contact us on 01275 846995 to discuss this service with us.