Shaping the future of Sustainability
Our team of professionals champion Sustainability in construction.
JOB TITLE: Energy/Sustainability Consultant
DATE: July 2021
WORKING HOURS: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Cook Brown Energy are seeking a full time Energy/Sustainability Consultant to join our team. The role will involve the provision of expert advice related to Planning and Building Control compliance and the delivery of assessments, calculations and reports. Reporting to the Principal Consultant you will be experienced in providing clients with detailed Energy & Sustainability Strategies for planning submissions, proficient in producing On-Construction SAP assessments and Energy Performance Certificates using accredited software. You will be expected take an active approach in further developing the companies service offerings and client base.
For the right candidate, this role will provide opportunity to progress, develop to a senior role and help our business grow over the long term. The successful candidate will be joining a team where collaboration and personal development is encouraged.
- A qualified on-construction domestic energy assessor (OCDEA)
- Have a detailed understanding of the Building Regulations and Part L1A/B along with other relevant legislation
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strict attention to detail
- General business skills (use of CRM system, MS office and diary management)
- Be able to work autonomously and monitor workload, as well as being part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Can work under pressure to achieve deadlines and manage client expectations on service delivery
- Have a positive attitude and a willingness to aspire to technical excellence
- Have a driving licence and be able to travel to meetings
- NDEA level 3/4/5 including production and accreditation for issuing EPCs
- Good knowledge of working with software packages; Elmhurst Design SAP and IES/Designbuilder
- Qualified in BREEAM assessment methodology and BREEAM AP
- Competent in completing dynamic simulations for overheating risk and daylighting assessments
- Competitive salary and pension
- Flexible working hours
- Home working opportunities
- 25 days annual leave
This role is flexible on location.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a covering letter and C.V for the attention of Matthew Hodges to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 31st July 2021.
Cook Brown Energy Ltd, Unit 4, Middle Bridge Business Park, Bristol Road, Portishead BS20 6PN